Unfortunately, Australia has the highest incidence of melanoma in the world. On average, 30 Australians will be diagnosed with melanoma every day and more than 1,200 will die from the disease each year.
The irony of melanoma is that while it is the most deadly cancer it also happens to be the easiest to treat when caught early, so Kenlow has teamed-up with one of its suppliers to help fight this disease.
Ricky Richards, an Australian supplier of shade fabrics, has guaranteed a donation of at least $100,000 directly to the Melanoma Institute of Australia by way of a percentage of its sales. This money will be used to help fund the Institute’s various research and education programs.
It should be reassuring for customers to know that when they buy a shade product from Kenlow, they too will be contributing to this very worthy cause.
The Ricky Richards fabrics available from Kenlow included in this scheme are:
Outlook Mesh Used for outdoor patio blinds
Please ask your Kenlow representative about these specific fabrics.
Did you know?
- Australia has the highest incidence of melanoma in the world.
- Approximately 12,500 people in Australia are diagnosed with melanoma every year. That’s more than 30 people every day.
- 90% of melanomas can be easily treated and successfully cured if detected early enough.
- 1 person dies every 6 hours from melanoma. Together we can help save lives!
- Recent research led by MIA has tripled the life expectancy of stage IV melanoma patients.
- Melanoma is responsible for 8% of all young cancer deaths in Australia.
Kenlow strongly advises that when outdoors, it is still important for people to protect themselves through the use of clothing and sunscreen. Our range of sun protection fabrics were developed to provide shelter and protection from the sun’s harmful rays. When installed appropriately, these fabrics will block and reflect a percentage of damaging UV rays, however to protect from indirect UV rays, Kenlow recommends that personal sun protection still be used. Sun protection and minimising sun exposure is the key to prevention.
By asking Kenlow to use sun protection fabrics from Ricky Richards you will be supporting melanoma research.